Check out these cooking images:
Image by Ann@74
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “cuisinartmulticooker-20”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “top”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Amazon Today`s Limited Deals”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “multi cooker “;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “1706e34136e814eeabb19aa90ccdd659”;
Image by Ann@74
Minced meat and Lotus root with rice for busy people
Image by orionlee
An improvised Chinese-ish dish that can be cooked quickly.
Prep time: 10 min. Cooking time: 45 min.
1. Marinate the minced meat with your favorite combination. Here I marinate some ground beef with salt, pepper, seasame oil, and some dark soy sauce.
2. Start cooking rice in your preferred way with your choice of rice. Here I cook blended whole grain rice using Asian rice cooker.
3. Cut lotus root into cubes, 1/8" or 1/4"
4. Chop some garnish. I like to use green onion but here I use onion and lettuce. Cilantro will work too if you are into it.
5. When the rice is about 1/3 way cooked (or a few minutes after the water starts boilding), put lotus root cubes and minced meat on top of the rice, in a way steaming it.
6. Now it is free time to do other stuff until the rice is fully cooked: catching up chores, browsing your flickr contacts stream, etc. 🙂
7. When the rice is done, serve it in a bowl. Sprinkle the garnish and drizzle a bit of seame oil to further increase your appetite.
8. Bon appétit! 食饭!